Welcome to our back garden in North Oxfordshire...and meet our feathered visitors!

Saturday 28 May 2011

"Batman"

Let me introduce you to "Batman", our resident robin. For my American readers, he is a so-called European Robin.

I took the following series of photos last autumn, out of our kitchen window. Batman was one of the few garden birds that we saw all through the winter as well. I now understand why the robin is featured on so many Christmas cards in England.

Batman was one of the first birds to take a bath in the little drinking/bathing bowl just behind our house.

Click on any of the photos for a larger version.









Janet

2 comments:

Gavin Lloyd Wilson said...

I was wondering if Batman would make an appearance here!

Miss Robyn Spruill said...

Very nice photos...well done!