Welcome to our back garden in North Oxfordshire...and meet our feathered visitors!

Saturday 28 May 2011

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog!

I'm a long-time blogger (Lord Celery has been going for a long time now), but I decided that I'd like to have a blog dedicated to showing photos of our bird friends.

I'm an ex-pat American who has traded apartment living in both New York City and Houston for a home in a village in North Oxfordshire, England. This adventure began in 2003, when I first moved into a rental house here in the village. After John (who is English) and I got married in 2006, we were lucky enough to be able to buy a home in the same community.

We live near the edge of the village, surrounded by farmland. We acquired a bird table for our back garden soon after moving into the house. Over the years, we have added a couple of additional seed feeder and bird baths, and a bird house I bought for John a few years ago is now home to a family of blue tits.

We love our birds and also love photography, and the two interests blend beautifully. I have been posting a few of our bird photos on Facebook and on my Lord Celery blog pages. But I've decided that it would be fun to have a blog dedicated to our feathered friends.

So if you are reading this, I hope you will come back often to see who has been hanging around our back garden!

Janet

No comments: